Jump to content
RecoStar

DenariusOnline (MMORPG)

Recommended Posts

Haha thanks for feedback guys. Driving me to build it now!! Im currently going through the engine checking everything out and speaking with the creator. I can tell you now the engine is powerful and we should have some awesome features. Also im sorting out the structure of the game and its contents, in which I will be looking at some free GFX for now until I get some custom stuff made for the game.

Once I get a good list of stuff I will post it and see what you all think :)

  • Upvote 1

Thanks,

Stu - (RecoStar)

Denarius Mod

denarius-dnr.png.c89033ca9f0500ec0bcdf83c7dbb6e27.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here is my 2 cents on the subject being a avid gamer and working for a large Canadian PC part store, Micro transactions despite being hated the world round are essentially a huge part of a lot of games success, but our customers accept them now as part of most game makeups.  now imagine buying a bundle pack of spells, potions or clothing with Denarius??  you transfer Denarius to your account ingame and if you require said items you visit the game webpage hit buy, confirm details and password and your done, with the lightning fast transactions of the wallet, your toon can be running around the map in the latest gear with +5 spell power or  chugging potions while soloing a boss. it could even be used to buy expansions etc, the possibilities are endless.

This would have a 2 fold effect for Denarius, it gets the name further on the map, it creates demand and it keeps people mining to supply that demand, but it also has the following more important effect, it introduces the zgeneration or igeneration, depending on what you call them, into cryptocurrency and gets them into buying and associating it with everyday transactions

Something like this could take off, if managed correctly

Edited by tex6246
typos.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, tex6246 said:

Ok here is my 2 cents on the subject being a avid gamer and working for a large Canadian PC part store, Micro transactions despite being hated the world round are essentially a huge part of a lot of games success, but our customers accept them now as part of most game makeups.  now imagine buying a bundle pack of spells, potions or clothing with Denarius??  you transfer Denarius to your account ingame and if you require said items you visit the game webpage hit buy, confirm details and password and your done, with the lightning fast transactions of the wallet, your toon can be running around the map in the latest gear with +5 spell power or  chugging potions while soloing a boss. it could even be used to buy expansions etc, the possibilities are endless.

This would have a 2 fold effect for Denarius, it gets the name further on the map, it creates demand and it keeps people mining to supply that demand, but it also has the following more important effect, it introduces the zgeneration or igeneration, depending on what you call them, into cryptocurrency and gets them into buying and associating it with everyday transactions

Something like this could take off, if managed correctly

All we need the balance?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2017 at 7:40 AM, tex6246 said:

Ok here is my 2 cents on the subject being a avid gamer and working for a large Canadian PC part store, Micro transactions despite being hated the world round are essentially a huge part of a lot of games success, but our customers accept them now as part of most game makeups.  now imagine buying a bundle pack of spells, potions or clothing with Denarius??  you transfer Denarius to your account ingame and if you require said items you visit the game webpage hit buy, confirm details and password and your done, with the lightning fast transactions of the wallet, your toon can be running around the map in the latest gear with +5 spell power or  chugging potions while soloing a boss. it could even be used to buy expansions etc, the possibilities are endless.

This would have a 2 fold effect for Denarius, it gets the name further on the map, it creates demand and it keeps people mining to supply that demand, but it also has the following more important effect, it introduces the zgeneration or igeneration, depending on what you call them, into cryptocurrency and gets them into buying and associating it with everyday transactions

Something like this could take off, if managed correctly

I totally agree with this, why I thought it would be good to use with Denarius due to it being so fast. I would also make the transactions very fairly priced so anyone can afford it with only a few DNR in their wallet.

I have been sick these passed few days in bed so I haven't had a chance to work much on the project, but this week I will be putting a lot of time and effort in to it so by the end of the week I should have some stuff to show you guys. Currently designing the game world, story, background and over all functions / purpose to the game itself :)


Thanks,

Stu - (RecoStar)

Denarius Mod

denarius-dnr.png.c89033ca9f0500ec0bcdf83c7dbb6e27.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RecoStar this is very interesting idea. is your engine built from the ground up? is it based off the  architecture of an existing engine like UE4 or Cry engine? i think if your going to do a game like this i would build it on the Lumberyard/Amazons Game engine. which is basically Cry engine 3 with improvement's reason i say this engine is they give access to full source code so for a programmer its a playground not very competent on coding my self.but in my opinion this engine is something you should look at . I my self am computer game design Student here in Ireland my focuses is on level design.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, madman said:

id love to play love old school Zelda/FF/DW games. but please for the love of god  dont make it so you have to pay to advance or make yourself godly. paying to advance in  replace of  grinding is one thing but give the grinders a chance to be on equal footing. 

Wont be pay to win or pay to advance!

On 8/1/2017 at 0:36 PM, IrishMiner said:

@RecoStar this is very interesting idea. is your engine built from the ground up? is it based off the  architecture of an existing engine like UE4 or Cry engine? i think if your going to do a game like this i would build it on the Lumberyard/Amazons Game engine. which is basically Cry engine 3 with improvement's reason i say this engine is they give access to full source code so for a programmer its a playground not very competent on coding my self.but in my opinion this engine is something you should look at . I my self am computer game design Student here in Ireland my focuses is on level design.     

Yes engine is built from the ground up by one of my close friends from America. I've used UE4 / Cry Engine, Hero Engine and others before, but for what I need for this project it will be a much simpler engine. I want to create and old school style game with top down 2D (2.5D) graphics. I will be looking for support as the project grows so keep an eye out in this post for opportunities to join the team or chip in on the project.

I haven't had much time this week to add anything more due to being sick and having to catch up at work. I should have something to show you guys by the end of the weekend :)


Thanks,

Stu - (RecoStar)

Denarius Mod

denarius-dnr.png.c89033ca9f0500ec0bcdf83c7dbb6e27.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03.08.2017 at 11:08, RecoStar said:

Wont be pay to win or pay to advance!

Yes engine is built from the ground up by one of my close friends from America. I've used UE4 / Cry Engine, Hero Engine and others before, but for what I need for this project it will be a much simpler engine. I want to create and old school style game with top down 2D (2.5D) graphics. I will be looking for support as the project grows so keep an eye out in this post for opportunities to join the team or chip in on the project.

I haven't had much time this week to add anything more due to being sick and having to catch up at work. I should have something to show you guys by the end of the weekend :)

Hey, if you interested i am 3d Artist, i working games and films industry. I think, i can help you. When i'll have free time after work! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update. This weekend Ive been gathering all the tools I need to get started properly building the game. I have a basic outline of the games structure and where I would like it to go. At the moment I am just trying to find some basic graphics (royalty free) to get things rolling. Ive been speaking to my pal JC who is building the engine and he has just sent me the latest version with a lot of bug fixes :D after looking the engine over all I can say is it is mint! It has everything I need to build a good game based on mining.

My general idea for the game is going to be a cross between a lot of old 80s and 90s TV series and games that interlink. Such as cyrpto currency digital world is under threat and needs help to stop it from being destroyed.

I have a short story wrote down which I will post when it is finished which will explain the story and what is the basis of the game.

On 8/19/2017 at 7:14 AM, Goric said:

Hey, if you interested i am 3d Artist, i working games and films industry. I think, i can help you. When i'll have free time after work! 

Yeah I am interested mate, but wont be 3D art that I need but pixel / 2D art as want to keep the game as basic looking as possible, but with all the features of a modern high end MMORPG. My thought on it is that not everyone in the world has awesome PC's and in such not everyone can mine alt coins such as DNR with there GPUs, or dont have enough hashing power to make much, so I think how about let them play a game and earn DNR as they play! :)

If anyone has any ideas for what graphics to use, please post below or link to them and I will have a look. Need to be royalty free and to be used in a commercial game.

However if you find a good bundle set of graphics I dont mind paying for them if they are good :)


Thanks,

Stu - (RecoStar)

Denarius Mod

denarius-dnr.png.c89033ca9f0500ec0bcdf83c7dbb6e27.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...