DenariusTalk
RecoStar

Denarius(DNR) Wallet

It just takes time.

I've been staking for a month now, and have only 3 transactions from staking and all of them are 'not accepted'.  They are for small amounts. At this point in time with POW, there's not much benefit to staking. Even if you do get staking/mined transactions they may not get an 'Accepted' status, meaning that they're like orphaned transactions.

So, happy to be proven wrong on this. Maybe for some DNR holders with thousands of DNR maybe they get a lot of value from staking, but in my own experience this hasn't been the case.

hmmm maybe someone can help me with Denarius wallet
I get stuck with it syncing at day 22 and I tried deleting everything except my wallet.dat and placing the bootstrap.dat
every time I place the bootstrap.dat file in the denarius dir the app locks up and I have to close it, it does state its importing the blockchain but locks up.

I also tried the loading the bootstrap through the console screen but I have a syntax error, i am getting error "Method not found (code: 32601)

I have been mining this coin and have them on the blockchain waiting to go into my wallet

1 hour ago, Shamba147 said:

hmmm maybe someone can help me with Denarius wallet
I get stuck with it syncing at day 22 and I tried deleting everything except my wallet.dat and placing the bootstrap.dat
every time I place the bootstrap.dat file in the denarius dir the app locks up and I have to close it, it does state its importing the blockchain but locks up.

I also tried the loading the bootstrap through the console screen but I have a syntax error, i am getting error "Method not found (code: 32601)

I have been mining this coin and have them on the blockchain waiting to go into my wallet

Maybe the wallet.dat is corrupted. might explain why it fails like that. 

Can you import your private key where the coins are into another wallet like coinomi if you wanted to do something with them.

Maybe you should wipe the whole wallet install and start from scratch?

6 hours ago, Vagumera said:

Maybe the wallet.dat is corrupted. might explain why it fails like that. 

Can you import your private key where the coins are into another wallet like coinomi if you wanted to do something with them.

Maybe you should wipe the whole wallet install and start from scratch?

did a clean install several times still was a problem, but persistence pays off it finally synced last night thank you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dotshoot said:

I havent config file.Where i can find him......

It's a .conf file. it will be in the folder where sgminer.exe is. 

Go through this link that goes through step by step how to setup for mining and modifying the config file.

Edited by Vagumera
further information
  • Like 1

Hi guys.
I downloaded now the latest version of the Wallet - is not synced.
tried on windows 7 and windows 10, 32bit and 64bit version.
tried on different computers-without result.
Found this thread, created the conf file, it works.
Well, how is it? Wallet in development for six months, released v2.0.0.0, and the normal work "out of the box" no.
I spent more than an hour, yet ran a sync.
But still have questions. 
1.Why this file should be created manually, and the installer could not create it during installation?
2.If you can't create, why won't the program throw out an error message with a reference to help or this forum?

It doesn't happen that often, I would rather have programmer focus on more important issues, than adding an error message. I had my wallet not load and it was kind of nerve racking. maybe an error message for that so someone doesn't freak out thinking they lost all of there funds lol. It seems too a lot of the times something that sounds easy is not at all. All this is opened source though so you could try to do it yourself?

You may be right, if it doesn't happen often. Although I installed three times on different computers, different versions of Windows-the negative result was 100%. United by one thing - the Windows are localized on Russian language, perhaps this is the reason. I have a lot of purses of different currencies, this was not . The most unpleasant thing is that there is no synchronization, the network browser in the wallet shows incoming traffic of 0 bytes, progress bar does not appear, but the program does not report errors, it stupidly does not work and everything. It's not right IMHO.

5 hours ago, Mike said:

You may be right, if it doesn't happen often. Although I installed three times on different computers, different versions of Windows-the negative result was 100%. United by one thing - the Windows are localized on Russian language, perhaps this is the reason. I have a lot of purses of different currencies, this was not . The most unpleasant thing is that there is no synchronization, the network browser in the wallet shows incoming traffic of 0 bytes, progress bar does not appear, but the program does not report errors, it stupidly does not work and everything. It's not right IMHO.

Same problem, create conf file, but this is does not help. Still 0 active connections and out of sync error :/

12.png

Edited by SpecSM

Hi

My denarius.conf file looks like this and it synchs as I am doing update right now:

rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=32339
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
staking=1
addnode=104.233.106.135:33339
addnode=109.205.244.150:33339
addnode=115.207.158.4:33339
addnode=130.255.12.2:33339
addnode=142.105.20.251:33339
addnode=147.135.191.162:33339
addnode=159.118.167.26:33339
addnode=163.172.4.66:33339
addnode=167.114.103.43:33339
addnode=172.93.53.210:33339
addnode=173.150.158.71:33339
addnode=189.186.121.70:33339
addnode=192.3.196.202:33339
addnode=200.92.17.152:33339
addnode=36.81.2.210:33339
addnode=37.146.173.97:33339
addnode=49.169.43.77:33339
addnode=5.9.112.62:33339
addnode=73.135.197.253:33339
addnode=75.174.67.156:33339
addnode=77.38.55.82:33339
addnode=82.114.227.101:33339
addnode=82.114.227.188:33339
addnode=82.114.234.204:33339
addnode=82.114.238.71:33339
addnode=82.114.251.198:33339
addnode=85.108.170.179:33339
addnode=88.254.45.178:33339
addnode=91.77.206.228:33339
addnode=94.250.129.128:33339

P.S.: Wasn't there a bootstrap file?

Edit: Found it!

Good Luck

Edited by ehri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ehri said:

Hi. Hashbag had a Problem recently. Wrong Blockchain? -> Lots of coins but wrong blockchain apparently. ;-)

From @enkayz owner of the hashbag.cc pool:

NOTICE (March 6th 2018): During the weekend of 2nd-4th March, hashbag.cc forked to the incorrect DNR chain. After restoring the correct chain, many miners were overpaid significantly based on work they'd done during the fork. Unfortunately, this caused consistent errors in payments as the balances being paid were not available in the wallet, which flowed on to all payments since. After reconciling accounts, users were in significant negative balances (i.e. overpaid) which would have required several hours/days of mining to restore to zero and start earning payments again. As a result, all user history has been purged. All accounts should have been paid at fairly for what they mined whilst on the correct chain. Please forgive the disruption. We will be continuing our 0% fee mining whilst we ensure the payments are correctly processing over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Vagumera said:

Hi, 

I noticed an "Encrypt' menu option on the Wallet under the 'Settings' menu option.

Is this recommended?

If I don't Encrypt the wallet, is the wallet vulnerable?

Thanks,

Paul

Yes it is recommended to encrypt your wallet. You want to use a strong password that you will remember. There is no way to recover an encrypted wallet without the original password.

This does secure your wallet, A LOT, as someone could get your wallet.dat and they would still have no access to your funds if the wallet.dat is encrypted.

5 hours ago, Carsen said:

Yes it is recommended to encrypt your wallet. You want to use a strong password that you will remember. There is no way to recover an encrypted wallet without the original password.

This does secure your wallet, A LOT, as someone could get your wallet.dat and they would still have no access to your funds if the wallet.dat is encrypted.

Thanks, I'll encrypt now.

Does the wallet have to be unlocked to be able to do staking??

Edited by Vagumera
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CryptoNinja said:

Hi,

My wallet was synced and running fine yesterday, today it seems stuck and wont sync. Going backwards. Currently says 1934 blocks remaining but number is going up. I have tried rebooting, can't seem to get it. V 2.0, win 10.

thanks

You could try installing the latest wallet 2.0.5.0.

Also you can go to 'debug' menu option command line and type in 'repairwallet'.

Then close the wallet and reopen and see if that helps.

I had the problem you're having yesterday and the above seemed to fix it.

There is also litemode now that you can enable on a QT wallet that will disable masternode features, you should see a performance increase.

We are aware of the syncing issues though and are working on trying to get them fixed/optimized. You can also grab the latest chaindata.zip from here (usually updated every 6 hours or so): https://gitlab.com/denarius/chaindata/raw/master/chaindata.zip