Jump to content
DenariusTalk
RecoStar

Denarius(DNR) Wallet

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Denarisufreak79 said:

Ok with the help RecoStar i found out what i did wrong so far. It is still not staking - but i think i have to leave the wallet open and wait a bit longer till the connections are there - and then leave the wallet open.

I copied now also all datas to an USB-Stick, for security.

You only really need to backup the wallet.dat to your USB, as that holds your coins. In the wallet just do: File > backup and save to your USB the .dat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting that my wallet will get a connection and staking. Hope it will do this in the next days, otherwise i have to focus on other coins instead. I need a wallet that works constantly for trading or at least working once in a while for long-term-investment or staking. But so far Denarius is almost never working. Sad - because i see i high potential in this coin, especially because it has a max. supply of 10 millions.

But i am a bit disapointed about the wallet so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denarisufreak79 said:

Still waiting that my wallet will get a connection and staking. Hope it will do this in the next days, otherwise i have to focus on other coins instead. I need a wallet that works constantly for trading or at least working once in a while for long-term-investment or staking. But so far Denarius is almost never working. Sad - because i see i high potential in this coin, especially because it has a max. supply of 10 millions.

But i am a bit disapointed about the wallet so far.

Denarius works fine, you need to create the .conf file and add the addnodes to receive connections on Windows if you aren't getting some right after launching it. If you are trying to stake coins, they need to mature for a minimum of 8 hours and then you won't receive rewards until a PoS block is found, which can take around 24 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2017 at 10:44 PM, Carsen said:

You should have your wallet.dat in C:\Users\i5\AppData\Roaming\Denarius, back that file up as it contains your wallet and balance information

While you are in that folder, go ahead and delete everything else except for your wallet.dat and denarius.conf file, then open the .exe again, it should load up no problems.

 

8 hours ago, Denarisufreak79 said:

Ok with the help RecoStar i found out what i did wrong so far. It is still not staking - but i think i have to leave the wallet open and wait a bit longer till the connections are there - and then leave the wallet open.

I copied now also all datas to an USB-Stick, for security.

@denariusfreak79

see the message from Carsen in this message, close the wallet, delete everything but the wallet.dat file and denarius.conf file you made and reopen the wallet, that should sync it all from the start, i did that it resynced and my wallet started staking about 8 hrs later.

but copy your wallet.dat file for security

Edited by tex6246

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Denarisufreak79 said:

It still says - can not stake because wallet is offline. But seems to be we getting nearer what is going wrong with my wallet. Thank you very much for the support. I am a newbie to personal wallets anyway.

Do you have the following on your wallet? look at yellow arrow

 

Capture.PNG

your arrow might not be green yet, but does it show connections? and a check mark to show you are fully synced?

if not try allowing denarius.exe permissions on your antivirus program

Edited by tex6246

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Denarisufreak79 said:

Does it take longer for the wallet to stake if there are constandly new small fractions of coins coming into the wallet ?

no, the amount you have at that time is staked and its like rolling a dice, if your number comes up you win a small amount, if not more weight is added to your stake and the dice is rolled again in an hr etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there!  Have had a wallet for a week or so now, and ran into a problem with McAfee. . . During a scan it quarantined my denarius.exe file.  I released it, tried to run it, and received an error message: "insufficient system resources exist to  complete the requested service".  McAfee then immediately quarantines the file again.  Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

Maybe John M. just wants me to buy Bitcoin so he doesn't have to eat his d**k on live TV. . . 

Thanks in advance for any help!

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Desert Fox said:

Hello there!  Have had a wallet for a week or so now, and ran into a problem with McAfee. . . During a scan it quarantined my denarius.exe file.  I released it, tried to run it, and received an error message: "insufficient system resources exist to  complete the requested service".  McAfee then immediately quarantines the file again.  Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

Maybe John M. just wants me to buy Bitcoin so he doesn't have to eat his d**k on live TV. . . 

Thanks in advance for any help!

 

You can clearly see, that John missed the train and wants no other to get in. Haha I'm joking, as Carsen said above the .exe file is clean. You can run a virustotal scan or even analyze it's code with OllyDbg as I did. Then you can see yourself there is nothing suspicious in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×