DenariusTalk

Mining is like winning the lottery, you have 1000 people all playing for the same jackpot, and all have a different amount of tickets to win with (their hashrate). So in turn some days are better than others. I can tell you from long run experience that sitting and waiting is the best way to get paid whether its a slow or busy pool. I've mined 5-6 different pools and solo mined as well and you never truly know what you may or may not make.

A busier pool, like hashbag, is going to guarantee you a payout but its going to be small (slow and steady). A slower pool, like unimining, won't payout as often but it will be larger amounts when the pool does hit the 'lottery'. Solo mining can go for DAYS or WEEKS with out a hit! But then somedays you hit 2-5 times.

Today has been a slow day at unimining, I've only made 1.35DNR at 76m/hash. you can see in the screenshot that its been hours since our pool has solved a block but other times we solved multiple blocks close together.

image.png

On 8/20/2017 at 5:00 PM, Minerius said:

25 minutes ago, jtmining17 said:

Today has been a slow day at unimining, I've only made 1.35DNR at 76m/hash. you can see in the screenshot that its been hours since our pool has solved a block but other times we solved multiple blocks close together.

I've been mining the last 24 hours as well. My quoted hash rate on unimining is around 20 - 30 Mhs.

So how is you ended up with 1.35 DNR and I've only got 0.22 DNR?

I don't get it. My Hash rate is about half of yours, so shouldn't I get half of what you got?

Is that how it works?

That's about what it equates to, the payouts are based on your percentage of accepted shares for that block. Sometimes you get an extra accepted share or two sometimes you don't.

looking at your payout for the last 24 hours, you're at .51 at @25mhash. I have 2.2 @76mhash. My mining power is triple yours. Plus I'm probably getting a few extra shares on blocks our pool solves.

the key thing to remember is that mining is a slow arduous process that isn't an instant gratification. It's taken me over 4 months to mine my 300DNR. I started off with my laptop then bought one gpu, and now a second one recently.

Feel free to try out different pools, mine for 48 hours on each and compare how much you make on each pool to see what is your best option.

I would also delete the D=.25 line in your password line... Let the stratum server vary your difficulty setting. .25 is high for your hashrate.

Edited by jtmining17

On 1/13/2018 at 10:38 PM, jtmining17 said:

Both my cards are exactly the same. You can run different cards as far as I know though. And they are both on the same motherboard, one is on the motherboard itself and the other is connected via a pcie riser.

Thanks Jtmining17. I've ordered a PCIe extension riser and I'll try a 2nd card.

Do you have any ideas on a good card for DNR mining hash rate to run with sgminer that's priced under $70USD?