DenariusTalk

Mining is like winning the lottery, you have 1000 people all playing for the same jackpot, and all have a different amount of tickets to win with (their hashrate). So in turn some days are better than others. I can tell you from long run experience that sitting and waiting is the best way to get paid whether its a slow or busy pool. I've mined 5-6 different pools and solo mined as well and you never truly know what you may or may not make.

A busier pool, like hashbag, is going to guarantee you a payout but its going to be small (slow and steady). A slower pool, like unimining, won't payout as often but it will be larger amounts when the pool does hit the 'lottery'. Solo mining can go for DAYS or WEEKS with out a hit! But then somedays you hit 2-5 times.

Today has been a slow day at unimining, I've only made 1.35DNR at 76m/hash. you can see in the screenshot that its been hours since our pool has solved a block but other times we solved multiple blocks close together.

image.png

On 8/20/2017 at 5:00 PM, Minerius said:

25 minutes ago, jtmining17 said:

Today has been a slow day at unimining, I've only made 1.35DNR at 76m/hash. you can see in the screenshot that its been hours since our pool has solved a block but other times we solved multiple blocks close together.

I've been mining the last 24 hours as well. My quoted hash rate on unimining is around 20 - 30 Mhs.

So how is you ended up with 1.35 DNR and I've only got 0.22 DNR?

I don't get it. My Hash rate is about half of yours, so shouldn't I get half of what you got?

Is that how it works?

That's about what it equates to, the payouts are based on your percentage of accepted shares for that block. Sometimes you get an extra accepted share or two sometimes you don't.

looking at your payout for the last 24 hours, you're at .51 at @25mhash. I have 2.2 @76mhash. My mining power is triple yours. Plus I'm probably getting a few extra shares on blocks our pool solves.

the key thing to remember is that mining is a slow arduous process that isn't an instant gratification. It's taken me over 4 months to mine my 300DNR. I started off with my laptop then bought one gpu, and now a second one recently.

Feel free to try out different pools, mine for 48 hours on each and compare how much you make on each pool to see what is your best option.

I would also delete the D=.25 line in your password line... Let the stratum server vary your difficulty setting. .25 is high for your hashrate.

Edited by jtmining17

On 1/13/2018 at 10:38 PM, jtmining17 said:

Both my cards are exactly the same. You can run different cards as far as I know though. And they are both on the same motherboard, one is on the motherboard itself and the other is connected via a pcie riser.

Thanks Jtmining17. I've ordered a PCIe extension riser and I'll try a 2nd card.

Do you have any ideas on a good card for DNR mining hash rate to run with sgminer that's priced under $70USD?

On 1/11/2018 at 6:21 AM, jtmining17 said:

That's about what it equates to, the payouts are based on your percentage of accepted shares for that block. Sometimes you get an extra accepted share or two sometimes you don't.

looking at your payout for the last 24 hours, you're at .51 at @25mhash. I have 2.2 @76mhash. My mining power is triple yours. Plus I'm probably getting a few extra shares on blocks our pool solves.

the key thing to remember is that mining is a slow arduous process that isn't an instant gratification. It's taken me over 4 months to mine my 300DNR. I started off with my laptop then bought one gpu, and now a second one recently.

Feel free to try out different pools, mine for 48 hours on each and compare how much you make on each pool to see what is your best option.

I would also delete the D=.25 line in your password line... Let the stratum server vary your difficulty setting. .25 is high for your hashrate.

You're right, a pool with a lot of people get you regular very small payouts...but a pool with less people gets you big payments if you're patient enough. When a pool gets more than 50% of the total network hashrate, it's impossible for small miners to get something...

You can try that pool for example : www.cryptorushmining.com ; but you will have to be patient.

Edited by CryptoRushMining

2 hours ago, CryptoRushMining said:

When a pool gets more than 50% of the total network hashrate, it's impossible for small miners to get something

Thanks Rush, Do you mean if the total of ONE pool has 50% greater hashrate than ALL pools hashrates combined then the small miners get next to nothing if they are in that pool with the 50% hashrate?

@Vagumera What rush is referring to is the 51% vulnerability in a blockchain. Essentially what can happen is if someone has 51% or more (a majority) of the hashing power of the network, they control the network and can do evil things and falsify information as they outnumber everyone else's vote on whether a block is legitimate or not.

Hi, i am having really low h/s for my AMD 480 4GB.

I think the issue is the the miner is using the igpu of my CPU instead (HD 4600). You can see it on picture.

Any help?

d9eacc947d4573ae28d966904ee00380.png

4731d5808364707c79efa24b3005d6c5.png

This is the dnr.cmd

@echo off
echo "starting up sgminer"

@setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
@setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
@setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
@setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Call :start

pause
GOTO ENDE

:start

@set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT = 100

DEL /F *.bin
sgminer.exe -c sgminer-dnr.conf -d 0
EXIT /B 0

:ENDE

And this is my conf file

{
  "pools": [
    {
      "name":"hashbag",
      "priority": "0",
      "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.hashbag.cc:8688",
      "user": "DHw8jKiDnpRkWpR53CeFLyEbmf9M6fNEQv",
      "pass": "d=0.25,stats",
      "profile": "tribus"
    }
  ],
  "profiles": [
    {
      "name": "tribus",
      "algorithm": "tribus",
      "shaders": "2304",
      "lookup-gap" : "4",
      "intensity": "22"
    }
  ],
  "kernel-path": "kernel",
  "default-profile": "tribus",
  "failover-only": true,
  "failover-switch-delay": "60",
  "gpu-dyninterval": "11",
  "queue": "2",
  "quiet": false,
  "expiry": "90",
  "scan-time": "20"

Edited by liakjim

1 hour ago, liakjim said:

Hi, i am having really low h/s for my AMD 480 4GB.

I think the issue is the the miner is using the igpu of my CPU instead (HD 4600). You can see it on picture.

Any help?

d9eacc947d4573ae28d966904ee00380.png

4731d5808364707c79efa24b3005d6c5.png

This is the dnr.cmd

@echo off
echo "starting up sgminer"

@setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
@setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
@setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
@setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Call :start

pause
GOTO ENDE

:start

@set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT = 100

DEL /F *.bin
sgminer.exe -c sgminer-dnr.conf -d 0
EXIT /B 0

:ENDE

And this is my conf file

{
    {
      "name":"hashbag",
      "url": "stratum+tcp://pool.hashbag.cc:8688",
      "user": "DHw8jKiDnpRkWpR53CeFLyEbmf9M6fNEQv",
      "pass": "d=0.25,stats",
    }
  ],
    {
      "shaders": "2304",
      "lookup-gap" : "4",
      "intensity": "22"
    }
  ],
  "scan-time": "20"

I have an AMD R9 390. I get around 20 Mhs

Below is my config. When I've set intesity to 22, I don't really get much improvement in hashrate. Maybe try lowering it to 18 or 19 and see if that improves hashrate.

Also, maybe remove 'Lookup-gap' as it should be left to default.

Another thing, try removing the "pass": "d=0.25,stats" as that is to set the difficulty level. Based on your card and hashrate you should let the pool default this. 

{
    {
      "name":"unimining",
      "url": "stratum+tcp://tribus.eu1.unimining.net:8533",
      "user": "DGUbLcLhAMg43cmp7u1sy2vewF5TFRU2cp",
      "pass": "stats",
    }
  ],
    {
      "shaders": "2560",
      "intensity": "19"
    }
  ],
  "scan-time": "13"
}

Below is an example of mine currently running. Hope that helps.

image.png.f65caea751670631a5cb89860e1126d9.png

Conf file seems fine try to restart your computer and check your GPU driver in windows and make sure its detecting it properly. Also check for driver updates, and try updating the Denarius wallet to 2.0, I doubt that would have an impact, but needs to be done anyway :) cheers let me know how it works out for you.

2 hours ago, liakjim said:

nope, still the same

Did you let it run for a period of time, eg 20 - 30 mins to see if the hashrate picked up?  

Mine usually starts slow and takes a few minutes to get up to around 19.xx Mhs.

You could also try a different pool. Maybe there's some problem with hashbag and low hash GPUs aren't being given work.

2 hours ago, Vagumera said:

Did you let it run for a period of time, eg 20 - 30 mins to see if the hashrate picked up?  

Mine usually starts slow and takes a few minutes to get up to around 19.xx Mhs.

You could also try a different pool. Maybe there's some problem with hashbag and low hash GPUs aren't being given work.

I will try that.

PS 480 isn't almost the same as yours 390?

• Like 1

Hi, i've been mining DNR on pools for a while now, and decided to give solo mining a try aswell. Following the info onhere, i got CCMiner running, no error reports. 

Now, when i'm mining on pools i'm used to seeing CCMiner report shares (and a green yes!), which it does not do when i'm solo mining. Am i correct in assuming that's perfectly normal, and it will only show a notification like that if the miner finds a block? 

Followup on that, if it does find a block, will the (unconfirmed?) balance show in the wallet i'm mining to right away, or will this take some time to show up? 

5 minutes ago, HaveSomeHash said:

Hi, i've been mining DNR on pools for a while now, and decided to give solo mining a try aswell. Following the info onhere, i got CCMiner running, no error reports. 

Now, when i'm mining on pools i'm used to seeing CCMiner report shares (and a green yes!), which it does not do when i'm solo mining. Am i correct in assuming that's perfectly normal, and it will only show a notification like that if the miner finds a block? 

Followup on that, if it does find a block, will the (unconfirmed?) balance show in the wallet i'm mining to right away, or will this take some time to show up? 

Yes you are mining fine, as long as ccminer is showing you hashrates and block updates. You’ll see a ‘yay’ if you solve any blocks.  I used to solo mine but with so many people in the pools now, 1000+, it’s getting harder and harder to make a profit on it.

Hmm, nope, thats empty. I got the "yay!!! solved:1" notification in the miner and at the same time the wallet gave me a notification via the Win10 sidebar. I checked the wallet's main screen and it showed 3.00 DNR. I didnt check the transactions tab at that moment. 

A couple minutes later when i checked the system, the wallet showed 0.00 DNR. I then cheked the transactions tab, and as its a fresh wallet i installed about an hour ago, that was completely empty, and still is. I stopped and restarted both the wallet and the miner since, and that didnt change anything.

Edited by HaveSomeHash